Shutdown Corner NFL Power Rankings – This group of 0-3 teams has some intriguing rebo

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Shutdown Corner NFL Power Rankings – This group of 0-3 teams has some intriguing rebo

In most instances, 0-3 is pretty much a death sentence in the NFL. But this year's group of 0-3 teams is very interesting. There are six 0-3 teams, and only one is completely hopeless. Of the other five, someone is going to make a serious run back up these power rankings. But which one? It's still hard to envision Pittsburgh bottoming out. Not with that coaching staff, that cast of veterans, a good quarterback and a solid defense. Minnesota and Washington were in the playoffs last year, so there's talent on both squads. The Vikings probably should have won at Chicago two weeks ago. Minnesota's loss to the Browns last week was disheartening, but maybe there's a comeback somewhere here. In Tampa Bay, it's hard to hear a heartbeat with the Buccaneers, but this is still a good defense, quarterback Josh Freeman has been good before (I know, it's hard to remember that long ago) and included in their 0-3 record are two horrible late losses including a game they gave away to a very good Saints team. But if you're picking one 0-3 team to rise from the dead, isn't it the Giants? Yeah, I know the flaws. The pass rush is not what it was, the running game has gone belly up, that was a horrendous outing at Carolina last week ... I get all that. But you shouldn't be ready to totally write them off yet. Tom Coughlin is a good coach. Eli Manning is a good quarterback with good weapons. They've turned in stink bomb performances before, and while it's hard to say why, it's just what they do. As bad as it looks for the Giants, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of them. Someone among the 0-3 teams is going to make a charge. It won't be Jacksonville. It's hard to completely rule out any of the other five, however. And now, onto the power rankings with three weeks in the books:

More...
Working...
X